Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Jam!

Washing and chopping

All the ingredients ready for the spicy plum jam

Plum and grape vanilla jam

Cooking cooking cooking... and at the end canning...

A flower in my kitchen.

It was a rainy weekend, so it was time to make more jam. I went to the market and bought 5kg of untreated plums. I decided to chop them all up but then oh no I did not have a pot big enough so I made three kinds of jam.

1) just regular plum jam

2.5 kg of plums
1 kg of sugar
juice from 1 lemon

The plums and the sugar were mixed and cooked on slow heat for 2.5 hours.

2) plum and grape vanilla jam

500 g of plums
some grapes (I don't really know how many I put)
200 g of sugar
1 vanilla bean (this one was bought in indonesia and it's quite mild)
juice from 1/2 a lemon

All ingredients were mixed and cooked on slow heat for 2.5 hours.

3) spicy plum jam

2 kg of plums
800 g of sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
10-15 cloves
2 cardamon seeds
juice from 1 lemon

All the ingredients were mixed and left overnight. The next day they were cooked for 1.5 hours. I don't know why this jam took much less to cook then the others.

All the jams were canned and the containers were left to cool upside down. Now all I have to do is start eating the jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment